Oh my goodness! Thanksgiving is a week away and I know some of you are not even close to being ready so guess what? I am going to give you 5 quick tips to help you through this Thanksgiving so you can actually enjoy the day without recovering from all the stress.
Like I said, its literally next week so I’m not going to overload you and instead I’m going to give you 5 quick tips. Now lets go!
- Deep Clean over the weekend. Use that Friday night or Saturday morning before Thanksgiving to start deep cleaning the house because that can sometimes be a process. I gave some tips about a month ago on how to clean and get rid of things you don’t need before the holidays (click here). I know that I have to clean my bathrooms multiple times a week because I have two boys with little control. You want to make sure you get this thing before anything else to avoid the overload on Thanksgiving Eve (am I the only one that calls it that?)
- Create a guest list and menu. First you need to know who all will be there for the festivities and then plan accordingly. At this point, you need to ensure you right EVERYTHING down so that you’re sure to have your ingredients and you can avoid running to the store at the last minute for something as small as cranberry sauce.
- Go grocery shopping the weekend before. Most everything you purchase for thanksgiving dinner will least a week or more so go ahead and shop for everything you need and make your life that much easier. You can even use one of the delivery services like INSTACART (get $10 off your first order by using my link) and have them delivered right to your door without spending any extra money on pick up’s and getting exactly what you need delivered straight to your door.
- Now that you have your groceries, go ahead and prep! This would be great to do the Sunday before. Chop all your veggies for your stuffing, or your sweet potatoes for you pie, chop and clean your greens or green beans and measure out your spices. This will help you cut down the time it’ll take cooking on Thanksgiving Day. I mean no one wants to be in the kitchen ALL day on Thanksgiving unless their eating.
- Delegate if possible. If Hubby is good at making Sweet Potato Pies, then by golly let him make the pies. If your bff is coming and is awesome at making deviled eggs then let her make the eggs. It’s not a cooking competition its literally a fun time with amazing family and friends.
Now that you have these quick tips for Thanksgiving, I hope that you have an awesome and stress free Thanksgiving this year and all the years to come.
If there’s anything I missed, go ahead and leave it in the comments.
If you are a shopper and want to catch the deals, you can catch them online or on amazon prime! Don’t miss out on family time trying to catch a toy deal that your kids won’t care about in 6 months.